As part of a mission to give back to the communities and industry we serve, CENTURY 21 Judge Fite Company has recently hosted a series of Judge Fite Cares Webinars open to the public. Our goal to bring timely and helpful information for a balanced life during the midst of a world learning new ways to work, live and interact. We care about the communities we serve.
One session included “Back-to-School” tips for the modified learning environments across the metroplex. Our guest speaker panel of current and former Superintendents across Dallas/Fort Worth were able to share helpful tips for learning in a virtual environment. Whether your child is in school online for the next few weeks or an entire semester, tips to help everyone support this new learning environment included:
- Checking your district’s online guides and resources for parents.
- Setting a bedtime for your child to help manage a routine.
- Creating a routine/schedule for your child during the day to stay focused and organized.
- Purchasing school supplies they will love, so they are excited about learning.
- Setting goals for your child and celebrating when those goals are met.
- Continual monitoring – make sure someone is actively checking in on your child to ensure they’re focused and following along.
- Making time for movement – breaks are healthy.
- Talking to your child and ask questions on how they’re feeling about their learning environment.
- Seeking help when needed – we are all in this together.
From learning virtually to working remotely and all the time in-between we are spending in our houses lately, your mental health needs to stay present and focus on the positive. Our latest webinar promoted “Health & Well-Being” with other expert advice from local licensed professional counselors. Here are some tips to help you manage day-to-day stress and minimize your anxiety:
- Get good sleep.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Ask yourself:
- What am I grateful for today?
- Who am I checking in on or connecting with today?
- What expectations of normal am I letting go of today?
- How am I getting outside today? (Vitamin D helps with anxiety)
- How am I moving my body today? (Through exercise or general movement)
- What beauty am I either creating, cultivating or enjoying today? (Such as music, hobbies, time with loved ones, art, etc.)
At CENTURY 21 Judge Fite Company, when it comes to real estate – we care. When it comes to the health and happiness of you and your family, we hope you know we care just as much. Our job as your trusted real estate advisor is to assist you through all walks of life. When you’re ready to buy, sell, lease or lean on a friend, our real estate professionals are always there for you.