OBTAINING YOUR REAL ESTATE LICENSE
1. The first step is completing 180 hours of Texas Pre-Licensing education.
a. Principles of Real Estate I (30 classroom hours) b. Principles of Real Estate II (30 classroom hours) c. Law of Agency (30 classroom hours)
d. Law of Contracts (30 classroom hours)
e. Promulgated Contracts & Forms (30 classroom hours) f. Real Estate Finance (30 classroom hours)
2. As you go through the licensing process and become a new real estate professional, you will need to be sponsored by a licensed Texas real estate broker. It is important for you to find a broker that aligns with you and what you are looking for. Keep in mind technology, marketing, tools and support.
3. Once all pre-licensing courses are completed, you can file and pay for the application for an inactive sales agent license. The application can be completed online or downloaded and you must submit your certificates of course completion from your education with your application.
4. Next you must complete the fingerprint requirement. After you receive a TREC entity number, you should visit the TREC website to enroll with MorphoTrust to fulfill this requirement.
5. As soon as the candidate application has been processed, TREC will notify you that you’re now eligible to sit for the exam. Pearson VUE facilitates and administers the exam.
6. After you pass the licensing exam and TREC completes any background checks, you will be issued an active Sales Agent License. You can begin practicing real estate after the license is in the possession of your sponsoring broker.
We recommend taking your pre-licensing courses through The CE Shop, c21jf.theceshop.com, because you can learn when and where it’s convenient for you. For each course, you will need to complete all course materials, meet the minimum time requirement, pass the practice exam, and then complete the 60-question final exam per course. The passing score is 70%.
Once you have joined the CENTURY 21 Judge Fite Family, we will walk you through the next steps of being licensed. This will include Office Orientation, joining the Board of REALTORS® and more.
QUICK START GUIDE
On our online video training platform, you will be able to watch a multitude of a short videos to get information on various topics. Our Quick Start Guide course has been designed to provide activities for you to complete within your first nine months of being licensed. We want you to be successful and to help you in learning the necessary steps of real estate.